Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hard work with a little fun thrown in....

Home from Houston... tired but satisfied. Didn't help as much as Dana probably needed, but I did a fair number of boxes. Lots of moral support, if that counts for anything! Last thing I did before leaving town was to see her new school home and meet a couple of co-workers - made a good impression. I love looking at schools, and this one seems a happy place for kids.

Tuesday night, while Gregg was out with his buds, Erin came and picked us up. We ate at Macalister's Deli - great sweet tea - and then went to see Hairspray. It was SO fun - lots of memories of my preteen years of the early 60s; American Bandstand on a Sat. morning, girls in dresses only, segregation. I laughed outloud during most of it and then giggled at recollections all night afterwards. A wonderful night with my grown daughters. I'm so glad they are close!!

Now I'm back for a busy weekend - get biopsy results tomorrow, Bourne movie date with the man of my dreams, Game night on Saturday and then the elders' luncheon at our home Sun. lunch. Two weeks of summer to go - school is crossing my mind like it does come Aug. 1.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Life is good!

And isn't that an attitude or your perspective or choice or something?
I am happy because I choose to be not just because I am spoiled rotten and getting my way all the time!

You are a wonderful woman! I am sure all will be well with you! I look forward to your hugs!