Friday, July 27, 2007

Ta-Da!!

Today was an adventure. Andy and I went into SA for my thyroid biopsy, and it went like clockwork. The nicest technician took some scans first, then it was time to meet the doctor. They both agreed my thyroid was "not pretty; a mess", but not the worse they'd seen.



I was pretty cool about the whole thing until he announced right before starting that he didn't think he'd use the deadening- "it's just another poke, and that needle's a lot bigger than the one for the biopsy." Let's just say my attention was all his; and the tech's hand was nicely squeezed!! They both assured me that if I was "uncomfortable" after the first poke, they'd deaden me then. Oh, thanks!



Three pokes later, all "dead on center", and it was all done. Now we wait another week for the results, but I'm thinking it's all good.



I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thanks. I was afraid to ask.