Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Perhaps tomorrow

Well, we're here at the Hutton's, bringing in the 4th of July - in the rain. So much rain the streets are blocked off and the yards look like lakes. After so long in a drought, one hates to complain, but REALLY - we've all had enough of the deluge.

Got two opinions on the old computer - we need a new modem, so we bought one today. Hopefully, I'll be writing from the comforts of my own space tomorrow or whenever we can get it installed.. I've really missed writing and reading the several blogs I keep up with - and I can't wait to become prolific once again.

Dana's in Denver with friends and Gregg and Erin are in NYC for a few days. I'm so happy they are out seeing and doing fun things. Can't wait to hear all about their adventures.

Enjoy this 4th of July - and remember to count our blessings that come from living in this land of the free!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

I hope that new modem works for you. I have missed your blogs.

We had all but one of our children's families in and enjoyed a day indoors with 6 children in a house undergoing a remodeling job. Although I thank God for putting that moisture back deep into our reserviors and aquifers I HAD planned an outdoor day centered around water but the kind standing not falling.

I'm not complaining, God!

I much prefer rainfall to drought although, from a farming perspective it can be as crippling but with less work labor in the fields. Lee has been in the house for days now. This never happens during drought!