Monday, July 23, 2007

Hold me back!!

For the past three years or so, Andy and I have worked on using the Dave Ramsey method of budgeting and getting ourselves out of debt.
While we haven't exactly been "beans and rice, rice and beans", we've made good progress on our average American debt of credit cards and signature loans. Because of that, my surgery expenses out-of-pocket were almost easily manageable, for which we are most greatful.

However, I am in the mood right now to SPEND MONEY!! Big, serious, use-of-plastic, taking big steps backwards spending. Furniture, clothes, yard, you name it, I want it TODAY. I mentioned to Andy last night I'd like to go out today and spend $10,000.00, and I actually think he thought I was part serious.

But I won't. You see, it looks like I have another surgery facing me, and the house needs a new roof. Those two things are daunting, and I will just have to use them for my splurge and delay gratification in other areas.

To quote one of my favorite childrens' story lines, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!"

1 comment:

andrew said...

You think I thought you were serious ... not a doubt in my mind.

i love you.