Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dana's Decision

From the time she was a little girl, Dana has said she wanted to live on her own. Having never had that - went from Daddy straight to Andrew - I thought that was a pretty neat goal. She's done really well for herself, and no mom could be prouder of a daughter.

Now, she's made the decision to box up her life and head to Houston. My nemesis - the one place on earth I gripe about going, and now the people I most treasure are all going to be living there. The good things about her move are wonderful things, and I know God is working in her life to make this happen, but HOUSTON?!?! Maybe this is God's way of making me repent and look for things to like about the city - other than family being there.

I'm happy for my girl - that school is lucky to be getting her, and I know a marvelous church family awaits her with open arms; not to mention Gregg, Erin and Roarke have her close by.

Please pray for her as she transitions into this new phase - I'd appreciate it a lot!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

I am sure that was a difficult decision for her to have made.

We will miss seeing her around here but I am sure she will return to us from time and time.

I am sure there are worse places to live. At least she is the closer side of Houston to us and in a good area.