Monday, July 16, 2007

Mondays

During the school year, Mondays are not my favorite. They are the start of another hectic week of work - and while I had a really good group of kids last year, I'm at that stage where I'm just tired of working. I know that sounds crazy, but I think it's a change I'm wanting. Those Mondays during school usually come after a wonderful weekend of being home with Andrew and my church family and relaxing.



My summer Mondays, however are just about my favorite day. After a busy weekend full of people, I am coming to love the quietness of Monday. Andy has gone back into his routine, everyone is back at work (save Dana, and she usually sleeps later) and so I have the morning to be by myself. It is a time I am truly coming to look forward to - and just about the time I begin to take it for granted, school will start. A little taste of retirement, I think.

I hope your Monday is going well!

1 comment:

andrew said...

Two days off just do not always seem like enough time away from work. Maybe, three days on a regular basis would be better. Beyond that, it is a vacation.