Thursday, March 27, 2008

April, then May....

It's not just me... people all around me (who just happen to also work at school!) are already doing the count down. "Two months!" "9 weeks, 1 day" "only 9 more Mondays!" Now, having the year I've had, I thought I was especially early on the count down, but oh, no!

It's not that we don't like our jobs - school is a great place to be - but I think as the stress grows more and more daunting, we look for Summer as our only positive. It is a taste of the life we would really prefer having year-round. School used to be lots of fun and we even mourned that day when the bell rang and the kids walked away for the last time. Now, we race them to our cars.

So, here's my take - 43 days to go!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Thank you for putting that into words for me.

It has been a stressful year. And while there are stresses, there are pleasures also but PLEASE, give me a break! I long for the life outside of school.

Dana said...

I am ready for a break too however....1st grade is fun! I am now under the stong conviction that every teacher should do it at least one year. We still need a break too but we also get the fun stuff along the way!