Monday, March 24, 2008

The older I get...

A student told me today that they moved to Pleasanton because his dad was getting too old and not doing his job well (sound familiar?!?), and without a pause, he adds, "Like he's 49 or so, maybe 51." Now, you can imagine my reaction - unless he's a San Antonio Spur or a professional ice skater, I'm thinking this is NOT that old. I didn't tell him my age.

Speaking of my Spurs, I've been pretty worried about their play-off standings. Those are some of the most fun nights I have, with my buddies and me and all cheese dips and chips we can eat. Sure, I want them to repeat for a back-to-back, so I'm holding my breath and being optimistic.

It was a good day today.

1 comment:

Darla said...

That is funny! But remember when YOU thought that anyone in their forties was old? It was just yesterday!