Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spurs win, Spurs win!!

It was a long time coming, but it's here!!

Poor Dana - called last night to tell me about her day, and there we were, late in the 4th quarter of the Spurs last regular season game. I half-listened to her, and told her about my day, one eye on the tube at all times. Catching my breath as the lead went back and forth, with Chris Paul and David West daring to push my boys down into 8th seed.

Finally, I just had to be honest. "Dana. I hate to cut this short, but there's only a few minutes left, and I REALLY need to see the end of this game. Is there something else you wanted to talk to me about?" Now, I really feel like a bad mom....

We say our "I love you's" and I hang up. The game continues until the last shot of the game, with the Spurs down by 3. Guess who - Michael Finley - shoots a beauty of a basket to send us into overtime. The boys take that as a sign of good things to some, and we win big-time!!

Now, thanks to the dreaded Mavericks win over Houston, we actually play the Mavs this weekend. Home court advantage is ours, and Mark Cuban will come down to make an idiot of himself again, and we will play our hearts out. It's been a long season, and they've looked awful at some points, but here we are again, ready to go. How far is the mystery.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

HA! I must have really missed Robert because I space the SPURS totally!

but I'll repent.

Jaci said...

WOOT WOOT!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!! Hmmm .. maybe I will actually start watching the games again .. if we can get them here!!!!! =(

Dana said...

And Amy on Paper offically is renamed: Spurs Update Blog. :)