Friday, April 24, 2009

Thoughts in the night...

As much as I want to, I refrain from lamenting the Spurs' last game. Hopefull, tomorrow will be more like I like them ....

I wake up in the night to visit the restroom, and more often than not, I have some weird thought pop in my head. It's about Dana, or Erin, or Liz, or school - you get my drift. While I am up, I take my thyroid medication, as my stomach needs to be empty. I put it on my sink with water every night, and gulp it down while half asleep.

Now, Andy and I have seperate sinks. His is on one side, mine the other. We are back to back when both using our sink. His is tidy and clean, with everything in it's place. It is ready for him each and every morning - good to go. Mine is a plethora of items - my slip, the afore mentioned medication, my blow-dryer and a clock. (I have a thing about knowing what time it is at all times!) It is not a reflection of Andy's at all.

For some reason, last night as I stood at my messy sink, taking my pill, I thought; "When I die, Andy will clean up this sink, and then he'll look at it, all stark and orderly, every day." Where does that come from; it's horrible to think like that in the middle of the night?!? I guess sometimes these notions just pop into our heads, and have no true rhyme of reason. I hope so....

2 comments:

Jackie said...

every so often I think: "When I'm gone, Robert will never have to worry about someone bringing sand in on their shoes or leaving their shoes in the living room."

so we're both odd.

Amy said...

There's no one I would rather be odd with, dear friend!