Monday, February 26, 2007

Andy and I have a roadrunner! The kids have been after us to "replace" Smudge with a dog or cat, and Andy has been steadfast in his denial that our lives are not complete sans pet. So, the other day, when we drove up from somewhere, there stood this big roadrunner next to our driveway. It turned and ran into our backyard, and I figured that was the end of it. A few days later, Andy found it in the backyard, and went outside to look at it. It stood right there and just looked at him!

A couple of days later, my friend Jackie was over to visit, and there was the bird, right by my back porch step! We watched it walk around, and then it left. I think we've seen it once more.

Now, I'm not ready to name it or anything, but it is fun to see; I know, I'm easily entertained right now. I just hope I don't start hearing coyotes!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

I believe that roadrunners are supposed to be good luck.

I had at least one living on my place . One morning I found the female one roosting in my plant covered pergola. I looked up and could see it's underside above me. I think it roosted there often. I know I saw two generations before I left there.

They do help control snakes, rodents and scorpions.