Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Finally! It feels like I haven't blogged in ages, and it's only been a couple of days!! Switching to the "new" blog system wasn't something my oldie goldie computer wanted to do, so it took longer than I had patience for on any given day. Today was the day to bite the bullet and move on!

We saw the surgeon on Monday. 9:30 am is blast-off, but Andy and I have to be there at 5:00 for a pre-op shot. Great. I live an hour away, so I may as well just stay up and visit with the kids until time to go.

I'm having little tiny waves of panic every now and then, but for the most part, and am calm and ready to go. I have gotten so much encouragement already, and things at school are about ready for me to leave. I've told all my kids, and most of them just wanted to know that I'd be back. This is one of my favorite groups of students I've had in a long while, and I'll miss them - after a while.

A co-worker prayed over me today - she won't be at school tomorrow, and she really, truly believes in prayer. If there is a cell or hospital worker, or anything that needed covering, she did it. I was honored that she asked, and would have been surprised had she not.

Well, it's time for us to leave for services. Tomorrow is liquids, only day, so I'm going by HEB to buy tremendous amounts of Coke and juice. Look out ladies, I'll be racing you to the one-seater in the Alamo!!

Until later - take care.

4 comments:

jenn said...

amy, you all are in my prayers. God is so good and so in charge. i'm glad that you feel at ease (most of the time). please let me know if i can do anything. Love you so much :)

Darla said...

I want you to know that I am so happy that the surgery is over for you now and that it was successful. Take it easy and follow the doctors orders.

I have no great advice for you. Just let your body heal.

You are really a special woman. I have always admired your strength.

Jaci said...

hi ms. lamore!!! dana has been keeping us updated and glad all went well!!! we will be praying for you for a fast recovery!!!! see you guys in a few months!!!!!!

jenn said...

GLAD YOU ARE finally HOME!!!