Friday, February 02, 2007

Well, now I wait. Yesterday, I had an EKG, lung ex-ray; and a C.T. Scan plus MORE bloodwork. My sub is set; most of my lesson plans are ready, people at church are arranging food for when I get home, and so I wait. A week from today, my surgery should be a done deal.

Everyone continues to be supportive and offer advice. "Hold a pillow over your stomach when you cough or stand up" - "Take your pain meds 30 minutes before they are due so you don't have a gap" - "Don't rush" and "Don't let them dismiss you before you are ready" are some of the things I've been told.

The C.T. scan was a little odd. I didn't like being in the donut hole while it whirled around me, sounding ominous. The doctor was way too young to remember, but it was eerily like the time portal in Star Trek, so I kept thinking I'd just disappear. I know technology is good, and I'm greatful to have it working on my behalf, but it did kinda creep me out. That and the dye stuff running through my veins so hot I felt like I was being microwaved! Well, I survived and hope all those images are clean and healthy.

Tomorrow, I'm going up to SA to buy a nice, new robe. A girl ought to get something new to wear, right?!?

Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thanks for sharing about your upcoming surgery. I too will be praying for you my friend. Just take is slow getting back to work and take care of yourself.
Hope you feel the best ever after you recover from the surgery. Just wish I was close to sit by your side and Andy's during the surgery.
Which hospital will you be in and for how long? I want to call and see how you are doing.
If I were close I would bring you lots of meals too. I am so glad you have your church family to love you and take care of all of you. What do people do without a church family???? I know I love mine dearly!
Take care of yourself and I will be praying for you and the doctors and nurses.
Shanon, Inc.

Dana said...

This is a two birds, one stone comment:

First - Mom - I hope that you have a great time in town today! Get something pretty! Laugh a lot!

Secondly - Shanon - Erin and I are going to be at the hospital with Mom and Dad. One of us will call when everything is finished to let you know how things went. You are high on the list!

Cryssy said...

Just know that someone half a country away is thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Love ya.