Friday, February 16, 2007

A week after the deed, I am beginning to feel like Amy is still in the building after all. While anesthesia is a great thing, and I LOVED my morphine drip, I don't like the after effects; the nasty taste that won't go away, the cloud of haziness that hangs over your head, and the idea that - for a while - someone had total dominion over you. Today, I feel things are a little more "normal."

Thanks to everyone who has prayed, called, sent cards, worried and took care of my sweet family during this week.I have a new-found respect for that poor deer I see in the paper, shot and gutted, and two new seasons of Frazier to watch once I think I can handle the laughing. It's still a little early for that, though. I'm almost getting up and down on my own, but by day's end, it's pretty tough. A friend said, "rest, rest, and when you're tired of resting, rest some more." Think I'll take her up on that.

Well, Andy is waiting for me to join him for a movie. We're doing a lot of WWII stuff; I've got 3 weeks to do the chick-flick thing!!

Have a good evening!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Oh, girl, CAN WE TALK? I know that gutted feeling, haziness, not in control, no fun feeling.

I am glad this is behind you and you are on the road to recovery. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

I watched movie after movie and then I would ask to watch a movie we had just watched because I could not remember watching the movie-had not recollect of it whatsoever. Must have been the drugs.