Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm writing in purple today in honor of my daughter, Dana. She turned 27 yesterday, and so today we are doing an "Ode to Dana."

Everyone says their daughter is the best, and I say that about both mine at every chance, but today Dana really is. She has spent her whole life giving me things to smile about, think about, worry about, and dream about.

Her birth was a little scary, and so I think that on top of her being my first, when things settled down and we knew she'd be okay, that just did it for me (and her dad). My labor was eternal, and to help me rest, my doctor ordered Demerol. Well, I got it, but then the shift changed, and another nurse also gave it to me. Needless to say, Dana was really relaxed when she was finally born, and things were touch and go for a while until it all got out of her system. Being the novices we were, we had no idea till later how serious it was.

Well, now she is fine; intelligent, beautiful, complex, wise, caring, loving beyond reason, and fiercely independent. I shiver to even consider ever being that independent even at this seasoned age, yet she thrives upon it. I pale in her dust on just about every realm - I just hope I had a little something to do with how amazing she is.

I know, enough is enough - but looking back over her life, I figure she deserves a little glory, and it IS my blog!

So, here's to Dana's 27th year. Let's hope it has all to goodness of last year's, none of the pain, and more happy memories than she can imagine!

Thanks for listening to a proud mom.

No comments: