Tuesday, January 16, 2007

This was supposed to be an easy week at school; Monday off for MLK Day, then school 3 days, then Friday off for the county Stock Show. Lots of kids here show animals for scholorship money and it's a big deal around here. Then, the weather changed. Today, we had 178 kids out, and the weather got worse as the day went on. We dismissed early and then came home to wait and see. Now, we find out we will not have school tomorrow. My guess is we will now go back for classes Thursday and Friday.

I already had Friday planned. I was going to head to San Marcos mid-morning and meet up at Dana's school. Have lunch in the cafeteria, meet her co-workers, spend a little time with her kids, and head back. Really was looking forward to the time over there, but now I guess those plans will be delayed. I hope I have another chance before the year is up.

Our oleanders in the back yard look like Donald Trump's bad comb-over! The ice on them has caused part to lay over to the right, and the rest to fall over to the left. Funny what you think of, isn't it??

Andy doesn't have to go in until 9:30, so we're up a little later than usual. He's already brought in wood for a good fire tomorrow, so I"m set. I've got the season premiere (4 hrs.!!) of "24" to watch and bar-be-que chicken strips for lunch, so I"m good to go. I just hope the power stays on!!

Well, stay warm, and drive safely. This global warming weather is pretty dangerous out there!!

No comments: