Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Andy and I just got home from a fellowship at church, and it was a blast! Not too many folks were there, but those of us who attended ate ourselves silly and played games until the magic stroke of midnight. It made me think about when I was growing up in the church; how serious and sour everyone acted - like it would be a big sin if you laughed out loud in the building or carried on like we did tonight. That is way too bad, because we would've been condemned like crazy for the loud and crazy noise we were making. There's something so sweet about being able to collapse in a man's arms in laughter and know he isn't going to think anything about it nor is anyone there. Is that the "sweet, sweet Spirit " we sing of? I doubt it, but it is a wonderful luxury the world can't comprehend. I was with Andrew, and when 2006 turned to 2007, we found each other and kissed, as we have for 30 years, save one.

Lots of dear ones have come and gone in the years we've lived here, and who knows how many more years we have, but tonight was a blessing I won't soon forget. My brothers and sisters in Christ were with me to mark another passage of earthly time, and I hope they all - as well as you - have a wonderful new year.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: