Monday, January 15, 2007

So much on my heart today; to talk about it all would take too long and too much space, but I'll go with the one most pressing on my mind.

I've never believed in reincarnation; always figured you get this one shot, and what happens, you live with. But being in my 50s and having grown daughters makes you look back on what it is you HAVE learned, and how you'd like another chance. Now, Dana and Erin could not have "turned out" better, whether it's due to me or in spite of me I cannot tell, but I have no, none, zip regrets there. I do wish I'd done a few things differently, but how much of a change those things would cause I don't know.

I do know I wish I'd had more children. I didn't fight Andy enough on that; and we probably would've gone bankrupt if we had, but the more I see families with lots of kids, I wish that'd been us.

Now, our friends are trying to adopt this little beauty, and I sit here wondering if I'd have the energy or courage enough to begin again. This little one just "fell" into their laps, and she loves them already - you can see they fit as a family. I'm really hoping itworks out for them and that they get this chance to raise her in their home. No little girl would be loved more.

It will be odd, though, needing a sitter at their age!! :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You are SO right! I have had the baby sitter fiear thing already! ha!!!

Jaci said...

i think you are one of the most wondrful I have met. I am sooo blessed that I was able to meet you and your family who I absolutely love!!!!! and I hope James and Julie (and future kids) grow up and turn out like dana and erin.