Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Human relationships are fragile at best. You take people, and you build a relationship with them; open your home and lives and vulnerabilities to them and they to you,and for the most part, it works out just fine. We "fit" together with some people better than others, and we choose to knit out lives together and it enriches our time on this earth. Outside of our families, our friends make everything better.

Then, the breach. The hurt and disappointment of human nature tears those threads all to pieces, and you want to give up on making those bonds again. The one place it can be repaired is in the Church.

Last night, I was watching some people that 10 months ago went through a terrible fracture in their relationships. Not only are they Christian brothers and sister, but long time work associates. The depth of hurt and anger was staggering, and yet now they are talking, hugging, fellowshipping and loving each other again. I know things will never be the same, but I am so glad that they've been able to repair what was broken. All I could think was, "only in the Lord" .
Only in Him could these hearts be mended. I am so glad and greatful that these weak humans allowed it to happen, and I hope they continue on their journey. It's a marvelous example to us all.

2 comments:

andrew said...

And that is what makes the church so special...we have the opportunity to repair those fratures in relationships. Through those fratures and mendings, we become stronger. I think we also become better as we more fully understand who we are, our shared human nature and how God made us.

Jackie said...

I watched it too. I was more than a little concerned at the beginning of the evening, but . . . how do people live without the Church?