Sunday, January 07, 2007

Today after morning worship, Andy and I had lunch with two couples from church. These 4 people are some of my favorites on this earth, and we had a wonderful meal. The food was the necessary evil to get us together, but the fellowship is what kept us at the table a long time after it was eaten. We talked about all sorts of topics - from adultery to tongue piercing to dipping snuff; and time just kept on going. Finally, one of the men looked at his watch and realized it was coming onto 3:00! We visited all the way out to the cars, and then headed home.

At 6:00, we were all together again, back at church, and visited more. One of the couples then went to eat with us again, so we stayed with them until 8:30.

My point, if I have one, is how lovely it is to spend the day with good friends; just laughing and picking brains and enjoying our commonality. No pretense, no false face or carefully chosen words; just being together and sharing lives.

I am truly blessed.

Sweet dreams -

1 comment:

Jackie said...

How true! And I kept thinking, 'Man, I hope these guys don't get sick of us!' It was a great day, huh?
love you!!!!