Thursday, January 18, 2007

A brother as President? I'm intrigued by Barak Obama. I know, he's a Democrat, but he really has two big things going for him; he's running AGAINST Hillary, and he is a member of the church!! He's someone I plan to learn more about - I'm not above crossing party lines if the guy is right.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have someone of like mind running the place when Bush is finished with his term? I know, he's young and inexperienced, but you gotta gamble sometime.

I found an article about his spiritual awakening when I googled him today. It's from Time magazine, and I found it pretty interesting.

Of course, I'd vote for Elvis before I voted for Hillary!!

Have a good evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked for the article you mentioned and couldn't find it, so I asked my resident political expert if Obama was really a member of the church of Christ. He said that Obama is a member of the United church of Christ, and that they make the Unitarians look conservative. Of course, that is just Jim's opinion, but it might be worth a closer look into just what church of Christ they are talking about! Love ya!! --Beth

Richard said...

Not sure of Obama’s religious affiliation. Regardless of what denomination he is part of, however, you have to look at the person -- his values, his voting record, etc.

Yes, Obama is articulate. He’s young. He’s a refreshing voice among a sea of political scavengers. But a quick perusal of the web will unearth some sobering facts if you have conservative social values.

Look on Wikipedia or just Google him. You'll quickly find that at the end of the day, he will toe the line on the side of liberal social values (e.g., support for Roe v. Wade).

Politics is often so distasteful. And I was a Political Science major!