Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Andy and I feel very strongly about dealing with things up front and honestly. I had to adjust to that, since my nature is to run and hide, especially when things get rough. So, Sunday night, after we'd talked to the kids about my upcoming surgery (Feb. 9 - hysterectomy), we "went down front" and Andy told our church family what is ahead for us. People were curious and asking questions, because they knew I'd had a "procedure" in Dec., and were concerned about the outcome. I'd not had a chance to talk to Dana, Erin and Gregg, so very few people knew what was up.

What struck me about the responses I got were just how very tender my brothers in Christ were. I was hugged and kissed by so many wonderful men, who had tender words of encouragement and love. It was almost more than I could handle - some I expected, but others truly surprised me by their openness. I won't ever forget that.

And then there were the ladies! My goodness, you'd think this was the best thing on earth!! Each one who'd been there was so upbeat and full of good advice, and that was good to hear, too. I really hope they are right; and that I feel better and get a clean bill of health soon.

So now you know, too. I hear I have the best guy in SA doing my surgery, and that his people re-coup faster and more completely than other surgeons. There are things I'm certainly dreading, but overall, I'm optimistic and trusting in the Lord.

I'd appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

You are always in our prayers, but this is more specific. I'm glad those around you have been encouraging. I told Gregg I wished I could stay longer to help with meals and what all, but I know Dad and your family there know how to handle things.

I love you.