Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My kids at school have been so cute since I've been back. The 1st two I saw, my Jimmy with the cartoon voice and my "tweener" Zoe, came running in to my classroom and took turns in my lap. Not really "legal" to hold a kid on your lap anymore, but who cares?! Jimmy just kept saying, "You're back, you're back!" over and over. He's the only one that wanted to touch my incision, so I let him after I inspected his fingers, and he made the appropriate noises and grimmaces. Man, I love everything about that little boy. (Gregg and Erin - I'll take one just like him; a stinker with a big, big heart! :) ) Zoe stood her distance and asked lots of questions, like, " how close did they come to cutting your head all the way off?" I patiently let them ask whatever they wanted, for the past two days, and have tried to answer them with careful but truthful answers. I've never felt like you should shelter kids from reality, especially if they ask. The thing about 3rd and 4th graders is that they - for the most part - are pure in their questions. They haven't figured out the "polite" way to put things, so when they ask about "all those ugly bruises" on my arms (I'm a hard stick!) they are just concerned. In their own ways, they've made me feel very loved and wanted. Not a bad thing when it comes to where you spend the majority of your days.
Good news, I hope. One part of all my blood work was a test for Dr. Massey - he called it a "tumor chaser." Lovely. He said they like to keep track every so often to see if any of those pesky cancer cells have hidden somewhere. So, several days have passed, and I've not heard from him to come in. I'm taking that as a good report!! Thanks, Father!!!
Well, tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm going to bed.
Sweet dreams!

No comments: