Monday, October 08, 2007

The sky is clear!!

Yippee - the "fog" has lifted!! By far, the fog of the anesthesia from my surgeries has been the most frustrating. The pain and discomfort has not been fun - that's for sure - but not being really "with it" for a week or so is not my choice of how to be. Am I 100% ? Not by a long shot, but my sentences are more than 3 words and I'm catching on more to what is being said around me, and I'll take every little bit.

Andy is home again with me today. Tomorrow, we see the good Dr. Brown for stitch removal and nose opening, and then Andy goes back to work on Wed. I sure like having him around; a little preview of retirement, perhaps?

Speaking of - here's my plan for life after teaching. I think we sell the house and pick a place on the map we'd like to live. Go find a little rental, and live there a year. Meet new Christians and see new things, and then do it all over again. 5 places in 5 years - then we settle somewhere in a neutral zone between the girls and their lives.
Andy's not convinced yet... but I've got time on my side!! My first destination - the Pacific West Coast!!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I LOVE your idea for retirement! I want to do that now, before kids. And I have the same problem - he's not convinced, but unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time like you do. Men.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great plan. Maybe I could talk Mark into it.We could travel the country together. One year the ocean, another year the mountains, there are some beautiful places in New Mexico. I'm ready, let's go.
Shanon