Thursday, October 30, 2008

The big confession

In those hazy, quiet moments before sleep overtook me last night, with Andy rolled over with his back to me, he said, "I have to confess something to you."

O.K. I'm awake now. Really awake - what is it; an affair, a big purchase, did he wreck the car, did he get fired - WHAT!?!

"I forgot our anniversary this week."

Not our wedding anniversary. Oct. 28, 1973 in the chapel of the Huntsville Funeral Home. We met. 35 years ago. I wasn't especially impressed that night by him, but that's another post. His best friend and my good friend of a month introduced us, and except for a week when he was stupid and broke up with me, we've been together ever since.

"That's okay, honey. I forgot, too."

:)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Somewhere between cute and sweet!

The Johnsons said...

Love you guys!