Friday, October 24, 2008

Watching the kids

Coming over here on Monday, I wasn't sure how the week would pan out. It's gone SO fast, and I feel like Sunday is going to come before I feel ready to leave Erin. She is doing so good - I am amazed with the composure both she and Gregg have shown in their sleep-deprived state. The more agitated little Elizabeth becomes, the softer and calmer their voices and touch. I was never that wise... sorry, Dana.
We've - they've - had a rough couple of nights, especially last night. We had a dinner of Erin's request, laden down with dairy products, and that didn't sit too well in Liz's stomach. Erin figures she slept about an hour. When I asked why they didn't get me up, Gregg grinned and said that SOMEONE has to be awake today while they sleep. Good point....

She is beautiful and perfect in every way, and when this eating settles in, her little thighs and arms will be chubby like Erin wants them. They are off right now, seeing the pediatrician, and will be home soon. Then, my shift begins!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

you lucky sap!