Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Table" for one

My lunch-eating buddy is out on sick leave for the next few weeks, so I am left to eating alone. Usually, I eat in the lounge and we visit, but it's not so great a room I'd enjoy being in alone, so I've been eating in my car and listening to the radio. I know as a person with eating issues that that is a big no-no; eating alone and in the car is a double-whammy. Too much isolation and focusing on what I'm eating, but I really don't want to sit in the lounge alone either. At least I can sit with my windows down and watch squirrels, butterflies and birds go by on these beautiful, cool days. Soon the election will be over, and I'll find something else to listen to.

I'll be glad when my buddy is back!!

Oh, yea - the Spurs start their season tonight!! Whoo-who!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

When I eat alone, I always rush through it or skip it all together. When I'm alone, I forget about it mostly.

Wow. hope I die before Robert.

The Johnsons said...

I did the same thing at C&P. I didn't want to sit by myself with Mary Francis was gone and didn't have plans to meet a friend, so I'd go sit in my car and either listen to the radio or sleep. I don't blame you one bit.