Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Next stage, please....

Yesterday, Andy and I entered another stage of life. Elizabeth was born, and while I don't feel any different, I am different.
She is beautiful and perfect in everyway, praise God. Her little life has impacted us and made us focus more on little things like fingers and toes, blonde tuffs of hair and little chirpy noises. She stares at us, just a face surrounded by swaddled blankets, and I can't wait to unwrap her and touch every part of her.

Gregg and Erin showed such maturity and calm, although my daughter who'd never been in a hospital had to have multiple attempts at her epidural and other unpleasant things. She was drowsy and drugged throughout the evening, and yet showed a calm and peaceful side to herself that cheered me. It was her safety and comfort that was on my mind most of the way to her side, and seeing her in the bed was the most beautiful sight I'd seen in a while. She will be a loving, fun mother.

Now, tomorrow, we take Elizabeth home. To her room and her bed and all the lovely things that await her there. She will be surrounded for the next few days by her Nana and Daddio, who will try to keep from grabbing her at every turn. Then, when the week is over, it's up to them. Then the fun starts.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

If she is half the momma you were, Liz is one blessed chick.

Enjoy this.

Dana said...

I second jackie with one correction - not "were" but "are". I heard every ounce of emotion through the phone on Monday and all the love in your eyes ever since you got here. All THREE of your girls are blessed (and Gregg too).