Monday, August 17, 2009

About a 7....

Yesterday at church, I asked a lady how she would rate her summer. She thought a minute, then said, "Oh, about a 7." Now, over the summer, this woman had gotten married and gone on an Alaskan cruise! I wonder what SHE would rate a10?!?

So I got to thinking about my summer, and I also give mine a 7. Some really good things happened; visiting with my girls, having the Johnsons, complete with Roarke for a visit, going to the mountains, the successful lumpectomy, and enjoying nice, quiet days at home were the highlites. But there were some down sides; I again did not accomplish the "tasks" I set for myself, and I worried about things over which I have no control. The heat and lack of rain were a real downer, on top of it all. But overall, it was a good break from school.

Now today, we are back. As I looked over my list of students, I saw their little smiling faces and wondered if they were anxious to come back. I will see them next week, full of excitement. I pray for a good, productive year.

So. How would you rate your summer?!? Hope it was good!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your summer was a "10" to me. The blessings you had outweighed any goals you may have had and not completed. Plus you have some great cousins!!!
Love Ya,
Randall and Linda

Darla said...

If I said mine was anything less than a 10 I would be lying to you.
*planned a wedding
*new daughter-in-law
*had grandchildren often
*Helped start a business for Linda
**visited with my grandmother
*painted because I love it
(just to name a few things)

I would say a 10+
Measured by smiles not miles.....

Jackie said...

A 9 I think a 10 would the second coming, huh?
I learned again how much I LIKE Robert, how much i LOVE those grandkids, came to grips with stuff, prayed more, rode more, got a new puppy . . .

Dana said...

I would shoot for an 8.
- time with Erin and Liz
- visits to Pleasanton
- visits to San Marcos
- MANY opportunities to serve others
- amazing learning and worship
- establishing new friendships
- time to read
- lots of incredible learning
- no major moves or medical issues

I am SO blessed!