Monday, August 03, 2009

Quiet after the weekend

Well, as Dana drove off yesterday, I looked over to see my empty driveway. After being full of cars over the past few days, it looked pretty lonely, and suddenly, I felt lonely with it. We had a peaceful, happy visit, full of good memories from home videos of days gone by. Bekah and Jace's reception was nice; Katherine Norwood is an amazing woman!! Liz was a champ through it all; going to folks she didn't know but who wanted to hold her and take in her charm. Her calm, patient mom putting up with my desire to do things perhaps not to her liking, but tolerating me to a point.

I think my favorite view of the weekend was watching Andy with Liz. He's not one to get in there and play, but he loves just walking around with her. At worship yesterday, he and Liz made the rounds, her placidly nestled in his arms, her little arm draped relaxed over his shoulder. It made me smile to see them doing such a simple, but sweet thing. Our house is empty and quiet now....

Today, we learn the gender of Baby Two. I can't wait. Don't know yet if they'll share the name or not, but some info is forthcoming!!

Dana brought school stuff to share, and we huddled on the loveseat and went over it. She is such a professional, full of passion for her profession. I wish her the very best school year yet!! Children are blessed to have her in their world.

So, with Gregg and Roarke along to finish out the family, it was a great weekend. I am so blessed to have them all in my life - and the fun thing is; I know we're not finished!! More wonderful souls will join their lives to us in the future to complete us, and I can't wait!! Come soon!!

Until then....

No comments: