Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thanks for the reminder, Jackie!!

Everyone I know needs a friend like Jackie. She punches me in the gut regularly with her honesty and passion, and she is the Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder. Let me just say that I love her more and more as we take our journey together.

In her blog today, she talks about being in a group of people and realizing as she watches them the importance of showing Christ to those around her, many of whom she doesn't know or will see again. This is a sobering prospect for me as I begin school this year; new co-workers, new students, returning students that I had last year - will they see the Christ in me?! Will I show His love and compassion, His tolerance for those I might in some way feel superior to, kindness to someone in need that others are rushing past in an effort to "get things done"? How will I face each day?

So far, things are going well - but the year is three days old. I am committed more now than before to make this a year in which I glorify my Lord to the best of my ability.

Thanks, Jackie - I love you.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

you forgot - i get you hooked on farm games! Oh, the love . . .

And I do love you. Thanks for loving me back