Monday, June 16, 2008

A Day Late

While yesterday was Father's Day, I want to take my time today to reflect on the many wonderful men who have had an influence on my life. I know as soon as I sign off, however, that one or two will pop into my mind, but for now, here goes:



1. My dad. Graves Calvin Young. Mechanic extrordinaire, singer and whistler, loud laugher and champion yard/gardener. I hear him in my head as we speak, and I miss him so very much. Not a man of "words of affirmation" but you knew he loved you and wanted to be with you. He loved his grandchildren even more than the three of us.



2. My father-in-law. Frank LaMore. Has always been kind and helpful. Raised some great kids, especially my husband.



3. Jon Rhodes. College professor/ mentor/ "college dad." He

made a big impact in my life and then broke my heart by divorcing "mama Rhodes." But life goes on, doesn't it?



4. Jon Kelley. Every son should have a father like Jon. Patrick was at his side every step of the way growing up; and he was shown every example of how to serve the Lord's people.



5. Jim Lassiter. Our other college dad. Strong, fun, faithful.



6. Lin Johnson. Gregg's dad. See # 4 An amazing pair of men, who bless my life everyday. My grandchildren are blessed to have them in their lives.



7. Robert Hutton. He is everybody's dad. Watching Jarred as a father is testimony to his influence.



And I have to mention Andrew. I knew he came from a strong family full of high standards, but never dreamed he would be the man he is. His daughters have always been his focus, and our lives are stronger because he is our leader.



So, a late "Happy Father's Day" to all the guys above. Thanks for being part of my life, past, present and future. I hope you know how very much I love you all.

No comments: