Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little preview

Well, Andy has been at home this week; a little taste of retirement to come. It's been a productive week so far; the list of things to do has been shortened by several items, but there's still lots to do. Hopefully, his next week off will be more recreational !!
We've been very relaxed in our labors - do a little, stop and visit; do some more; eat lunch... you get the drill. Our yard looks great thanks to his efforts, and the cars are all taken care of. Now, I'll be happy to get the bathroom painted in the next couple of days. It's been nice to have him home, and to see how the 24/7 life of retirement will be.

I'm just glad we like to be together after all these years!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I have no idea anymore what that feels like.

But I'd sure like to!

Darla said...

I'm with Jackie. I have no idea WHAT that would feel like.

I am ready for it because I am TOO busy to be working outside the home, too. I keep thinking if I can just get a handle on all of this stuff I have to do I will be fine but it seems to be spinning out of control.

The Johnsons said...

I have to say, I'm glad to hear you two still like each other, too! Enjoy your preview to retirement - it's really only just around the corner! Woohoo!