Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm not in High School anymore....

Today, I started a 3 day training in San Antonio with a couple of co-teachers. We left bright and early to be on time, then talked our way past the street and ended up rushing anyway. (Tomorrow will go better !) Anyway, it was a quick day, an hour lunch and out by 3:00. Today was just the overview of the program, so I didn't get a lot of new information, but that's okay. Sometimes, just being around other teachers is enough to invigorate you and get you ready for the coming year.



I learned, however, that "one size doesn't fit all." We are at a High School, sitting in those lovely, hard student desks. Now, I know those big football player boys fit in them, and I fit in them, but by 2:00, I was ready to stand up the rest of the day. And we have two more days. I'm going to have to drag a chair from the teacher workroom and make myself more comfortable, or it's going to be painful. Bad thing is, we are sitting at the back of the classroom, so I'll have to lift it up over the others and make a spectacle of myself. My choices appear to be anonymity or comfort - tomorrow will tell.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Those seats weren't even comfortable when I sat in them. Hard and cold. And they wonder why kids hate high school - you can't even get a little comfort on your tooshie.