Sunday, December 17, 2006

When my mom died, and my sister and nephew moved to California, my father in law told us they'd love us to move back over to the Houston area to be closer to family. We did give it some thought, but when all was considered, we decided to stay where we are for now.
You see, my dear father in law was under the assumption that we were just here for my "family" and that since they were gone, there would be nothing here to hold us. I guess to some, that would make all sorts of sense, but there is a flaw in that logic.

Even though my biological family no longer live in this area, my family is alive and well. We are never lacking for someone to call or see or check in on, and the bond we have through Christ ties us like no other. Sure, lots of times we miss everyone in Houston, and we're looking forward to a big-old family Christmas, but our church family keeps us focused and happy here.

Tonight, we're getting together with some our brothers and sisters to watch a movie and eat together. I'm so greatful to God for providing this support system to us, and I only hope I mean as much to them as they mean to me.

Have a wonderful night. Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

From your heart to mine - - so so true. When people say bllod is thicker than water, they have no idea how right they are - Christ's blood is thicker than anything on earth, huh?