Saturday, December 09, 2006

Yesterday, as I went to lunch, I noticed some small, white beads of ice falling from the sky - it was sleet!! Several of us teachers were in the lounge, so we all ran to the door. For just a moment, there was silence as we watched something we don't often see here in South Texas - it was almost too beautiful! The sound of it hitting the ground and cars around us added to the effect. Slowly, children came across us and began to spread the news. As you can expect, there wasn't much work going on; as one teacher put it; there's no way I can keep this from watching this - we live in the desert!! It continued to fall for the majority of the day, and by the time we left, it was mainly soft rain falling. To be honest, I don't know who was more happy to see it; the teach or kids. It was a day not soon to be forgotten by any of us.

1 comment:

Dana said...

You should have seen my kids faces when I told them what you saw. They were all so incredibly jealous!