Monday, April 16, 2007

"Crazy Little Thing Called TAKS"

Lots on my mind today - TAKS testing begins tomorrow, and I went to HEB to stock up on easy dinners and comfort food to snack on. Kinda like preparing for the Apacalypse. I'm already preparing to be exhausted the next two nights, based on previous years' experience, and am looking forward to Thursday morning, when it's all over. One teacher's husband got her SPURS tickets and a limo to celebrate Thursday night; I just want to come home and put my feet up.

Today we had our rally; one skit was based on Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz (Follow the road to your goal...). It was fun, and the kids liked it, but we were saying a lot of kids didn't know the Wizard of Oz. How un-American is that!?!?! Teachers acting silly and kids laughing like all get-out. The fun before the storm. The principal letting her hair down and the Superintendent urging the kids to "use their strategies" and "reach your goals." We'll see.

My big stress in 4th grade was to see who had the prettiest cover to their "Songs of Texas" folder in Social Studies. My, my, my.

No comments: