Thursday, May 15, 2008

I''m doing it TODAY !

I've been thinking about it for a while, now, and Mary Beth has really encouraged me to go for it. Now, even Andrew is giving me signs that he will support me. I thought it was years away, but apparently not.

I'm looking into retirement. Wow. It's probably way too soon for us to manage financially, but the events of this past year and the way next year is looking, I'm thinking the time may be "righter" than I thought. I have only a week or two at the most to make my decision, so pray, pray, pray, please!! I'm afraid and anxious all at once, so I'm hoping it's very obvious what I need to do.

I just DON'T want another year like this one... ever.

I'll keep you posted!!

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

You're not old enough to retire! : )

shanon said...

Go for it girl and retire for both of us!!! I have to go 3 more years and get Lance out of college or I would be right there with you.
Shanon

Darla said...

Go for it! It is not an age thing. You do not retire to sit on your porch rocking. You retire to live! Life is too short to spend time in a job you don't like anymore and besides....you are going to be a grandmother and that is a full time job!

Okay, I'm off to go to the see one of my grandsons in a school performance! Then Saturday to Enchanted Rock with them and bring them back home with me....
Oh, what I could do if I COULD retire now and not in five years.

Anonymous said...

Amy or Andrew,
Give me a call,
Rowland Craig
San Antonio
391-8793

Anonymous said...

Two things: One - my brother finally retired after realizing that he would make more money retired than actively working! Two - come work for CHS if you still need to pull in some extra income! The pay isn't great, but you will never feel more loved or appreciated! You get to spend around an hour each way praying, listening to music or even listening to the Bible if you have it on CD or tape. It is an absolutely wonderful place to work!

Retirement is definitely worth checking out! Go for it!!

Love you! --Beth