Thursday, May 01, 2008

I would wager that, no matter on which campus you chose to visit, today you would see teachers, counselors, administrators and students walking about in a daze. Bags under the eyes, faces that look like they've not slept in a week, which is a falacy because every adult I work with has gone home after testing and fallen into bed to sleep off the day's stress. (Do you know that if I am found to have "cheated" in any way, my teaching liscense will be revoked? No matter how tiny the infraction, you are called in and written up, so yes - there is mental stress here!) Yesterday, I tested 7 children who finished their day's work at 11:00. We sat in silence, except for a 30 minute lunch, until 2:30. Can you do that? No drawing, no writing, no getting up. Sitting and reading or sleeping. I myself cannot do that, much less a 10 year old.

Anyway... it's over for another year. What is done is done. Everyone now is looking to the "fun" part of school - Field Trips and field days, and the creative side of teaching that is pushed aside for the sake of "THE TEST."

I just hope I passed !!

No comments: