Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WOW

Everyone is saying it. This series with Phoenix was tough enough to be the Finals; I truly had my doubts last night.
After a hard day of testing, I wasn't going to go; just send Andy to the Hendersons without me and go to bed. I was drained, and yet knew I'd really regret it if I didn't go and they won. So, I went, sat down, and mainly listened to the game. Didn't visit, didn't wander back and forth between tv and snacks. Just sat and hoped against hope the old boys had one more win in their bag of tricks.

They did. Why do I doubt - well, there was that game last Sunday!! Anyway, it wasn't pretty or even athletic in some parts, just hack-a- Shaq'n and floppin and whistle blowing. When it was all said and done, the Spurs were on top to move on. Shaq even kept his mouth shut and didn't say a word on his way out. He knew he'd been schooled.

Now it's on the the Hornets. Younger, hungry, naive about the playoffs and all they bring to the court. Can the boys do it? I know a group of about 20 who will be there every tip off, just to see. We have faith in our boys and Pop.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm doubting.

But that's what I said last year.