Friday, April 18, 2008

Sounds in the night

How is it that things that are so quiet by day are magnified at night? The grandfather clock that I hardly notice every 15 minutes sounds like Big Ben, and the refridgerator's hum could hypnotize anyone!

Last night, about 1:30, I woke up to the sound of rain coming down hard on my roof. Now, we've had a drought for a while now, and any rain is welcome, but this was really coming down!! Lightning lit my bedroom and the thunder shook the windows. I really wanted to sit in the dark living room and just take it in, except for the fact that I had to go work today. The one time I wished for insomnia, it failed me and I went right back to sleep.
But it was great while it lasted!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That storm was too awesome. I missed you this weekend.