Thursday, April 24, 2008

Changing Perspective

I love Jackie Hutton. Since she came into my life way back in the 20th century, my life has been so much more fun. She makes me laugh when no one else can, and is very adept at reading me. She is a blessing in every way and I thank God for her.

Tuesday night, she fussed at me, and I am taking what she said to heart. I am hooking up my answering machine tonight.

Years ago, we had an answering machine. We unplugged it and destroyed it because the only messages we ever got were either creditors wanting payments we didn't have, or my mother calling to complain or demand. It was not something we ever wanted to listen to again, so why have one of the instruments of torture?!

So. Last Christmas, we are celebrating with the Huttons and exchange gifts. With lots of love, we are presented with a brand new answering machine!! And as I write this post, it is still sitting in the box beside my couch. Everyday, I look at it, and know I need to hook it up, but the past invades my good intentions.

Not today. I have had a revelation, and when I get home, I am hooking it up. I've realized that the demons of the past are gone, and that now it is a messenger of love and good tidings from family and friends. It will be a connection once again to the people I love.

So. Please call and leave words of encouragement. I may falter....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I just finally had a chance to read yur blog!!! And I haven't had a chance to leave a message yet! i'll wait until you're not home.