Thursday, April 10, 2008

Times like this

In life, there are times when it is impossible to express the feelings rolling around inside one's heart and mind. I've had a few; the death of my father, driving away from Shanon in Huntsville, holding Dana and Erin for the first time. Then, watching them be baptized by their dad. Watching Erin in her wedding gown float like an angel so serene and in love. Seeing my husband accept the eldership for our church family, and burying Smudge. Some make us so happy we feel Heaven will be almost pale in comparison, and some make us wish the very earth would open up and swallow us to take away the agony.

Now, we add another joy to the list; my Erin and her Gregg are having a baby. Lots of women have babies, I hear, but this one - well, it's special. It's my grandchild, and I am entering a new realm of life, along with my Andrew. My breath is taken away from me at the dreams of it all.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

It's amazing. You'll love it.

Darla said...

How fun! Congratulations!
It is a wonderful experience!

shanon said...

I am thrilled for all of you. There is no miracle quite like a new life...full of hope and dreams.
Shanon

Cryssy said...

I'm so excited for all of you!! That is so great. Erin will be such a great mom and you'll be the best grandma!!