Saturday, April 12, 2008

One of those days

My life is pretty simple. Go to school, come home, rest and eat and watch a little tv, then it begins again. I wish I had a hobby that filled my time, but as a soon-to-be grandmother, I think that is coming.

But today is one of those days that is filled up with things I need to do: fill the hummingbird feeders (they're back!!), fertilize the plants, support Andrew on his yearly torture of doing taxes, and laundry.

We did start off with a nice breakfast, though. My dear cousin Elaine and her hubby of 45 years, Royce, are in town for the Strawberry Festival. Now, Royce is not the biggest talker, but he held his own, and we ate good pancakes and sausage. They are going to go over to the festival for a bit and head back home.
It was a nice visit; she brought current pictures, and we got caught up on everyone's lives. Our mom's were sisters, and as we sat there, I somehow felt like we've taken their spots in the family - and it felt good. We only see each other once or so a year, but it's comfortable and sweet. I'm truly glad they came.

No comments: