Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Watching people run ....

I don't think of myself as a very creative person when it comes to most anything, but I have discovered that I can come up with ideas that people respond to. Then, I find the talented folks around me that I know would be wonderful at the task, and get them going. I listen to their ideas and watch the brains twirl in excitement as the ideas grow and grow. I leave them to their wonderful works and then do what I can to help. The end result is something wonderful for all that I didn't mess up by trying to pull it off all by myself.

Right now, I'm watching a wonderful group of women who I love work on a luncheon for the Ladies of the church. It's a diverse group who probably wouldn't seek each other out, but are finding all sorts of things they have in common in the process of putting this together. Actually, that was the whole idea to begin with; to bring together a group that is new and refreshing and eager to "find a spot." So far, it appears to be working!!

Everyone working together for the glory of God. What better task?!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Oh, I SO-O-O agree with you. It is exciting to see this group of women together laughing, talking and planning ideas for the luncheon.

Last night four of us met at Caleb's shop to brainstorm the table decorations. Great ideas, great fun and a good bonding experience!