Tuesday, March 17, 2009

That Tulsa feel

Right now, I'm listening to Gary Moyers' sing, and it's taking me right back to the Pavillion at Tulsa Workshop. (In case you don't know, Gary Moyers sang for Acapella during the height of my "Tulsa Days." One of God's best creation, that man's voice!!

We haven't been to Tulsa in several years, some of it financial, some the "tone" of the workshop itself. All the years we went, we begged Ray to go with us, and he never would. Now, he goes and even if he's alone, he enjoys it. Tulsa does that to people. The last time I went, I went without Andy, and said I wouldn't do that again. He says he has no desire to go back, so I may have to rethink that statement if I even want to return. I do miss it.

On another note, my girls and Liz are on their way as I write this, so if you don't hear from he for a day or two, that's why... can't wait to see how the girl handles me this trip. I find myself turning into a rather grabby Nana, and I know she may need some time to remember me and the setting in which she finds herself.

Well, I need to finish up around here before they arrive. Gregg and Roarke will remain in Houston, so we will miss them a lot, but I'm glad he consented to Erin and Liz coming!! China Garden, here we come!!

No comments: