Monday, March 02, 2009

Babies past and present

Elizabeth is such a blessing to our family, and has added so much to our lives already that it's hard to remember that the news of a baby isn't always the most welcome. Just the past couple of days, I've been reminded of that...

.. a co-worker informed me today that her engaged son is having a baby. She says she is thrilled; I'm sure she is, but I really feel like marriage needs time to "take" before bringing in the stress and financial demands of children. Too late....

.. a college friend today emailed us and let us know he's "found" his daughter given up long ago. Suddenly, I feel like I'm back in college with the news that he and a girl are expecting and how we supported him even though we were so very sad. Now, with a wonderful marriage and grown children and a grand-daughter, she is back in his life, and decisions of how and when to meet are being made.

I don't guess I really have a point to this, just thinking on paper. I do know that babies are hope and dreams and anticipation of a life full of promise. They each deserve a life full of love and care.


1 comment:

shanon said...

Babies can heal a lot of hurts. That's why I think Jesus came as a baby.
Shanon