Monday, June 08, 2009

4:30 am and beyond

Normally, when I wake up at night, I use the restroom while running a song through my head, get a sip of a drink, and go back to sleep immediately. Not this morning. Faces of folks I love kept popping in my head along with what is going on with them at this moment and how they need prayers. Here is the short list:
- Erin is having a new baby while she has a baby. Not an easy task, but she will be fine. I just worry...
- Dana is changing jobs, and her car is wanting every spare dime she has and then some. I hate - hate - spending money on cars!!
- Andy - work stress and the neverending thoughts that come with being an elder.
- myself and this stupid biopsy.
Father and I had a talk, and soon, I was back asleep.


Well, it's 12 hours later, and the deed is done. The doctor who did it said it could not have gone better, she got really good samples, and I should know something by Wednesday.
I have to tell you - as I lay there, listening to the team as they walked me through it and feeling the nurse petting my back ever so softly, I wasn't scared of having cancer. I wasn't worried about radiation or surgery or chemo or any of that. I was calm. I was focused on the moment and dealing with the sensations all around me. I was ever so appreciative of all the women who offered me best wishes and comfort yesterday, and who shared their experiences with me so that I was not walking into something totally unknown and fearful.
And now, I wait. The phone call that could change everything should come Wed. or Thurs. I will keep you posted !!

1 comment:

Cryssy said...

praying...