Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back where we started

Tomorrow morning, Andy and I leave for a reunion in Huntsville. We met in the Fall of 1973; he a Sophomore, me a Freshman at Sam Houston State. To say we fell in love fast is an understatement; I was only there two months before I met him, so all my college memories have him in them. This weekend, we will travel back to visit with our Bible Chair group and attend worship with the saints.

Huntsville is so many things to us; the Tissues, getting married, graduating from college - my dad so proud I thought he would pop! - having Dana there. We always said we would go back there to retire... don't say that anymore, but it will be so lovely to see that place again!

Andy grew to love the church in Huntsville. It was his first exposure to the Body of Christ, and so many loving people taught him about the Christian family. A large number of those have gone on to Heaven; Brother Kramer, Faye Lassiter, Betty Waldron - sweet people who just made it known that we were a part of their lives. Some have moved on to become elders, some have divorced, some have stayed right there and lived out their lives in the tall pines and rolling hills.

While I am a little apprehensive about going, since I don't quite look the same as they last remember me, I'm going to put on a brave face and enjoy myself. I'm sure we all have changed some, and it's our inner self that matters, right?! So, we'll talk about the past, share photos of past adventures and new grandbabies, and hug each other tights when we leave. Not a bad way to spend a weekend, right?!

No comments: