Monday, June 22, 2009

A weekend to remember

What a wonderful, wonderful weekend... congratulations to Gabi and Caleb on their marriage, which was celebrated in grand fashion!! So many friends, past and present, were there, and so many little ones of the next generation to meet! Erin said wouldn't be great if they all ended up at A&M together in about 17 years; Liz, Cy, Pearson, Julie, Abbie... the Pleasanton connection, one generation removed!! That was an amazing youth group, and their lives now show they are still living their faith, which makes me so proud of them all! We missed Robbie, David, and Sean, but they were in our thoughts.

The Royals' yard looked like a glorious garden all dressed up for the party; lights around and in the massive trees, flowers blooming everywhere, pretty tables in their white finery with candles and flowers on top. It was a fun, romantic, God-filled wedding, and I can't imagine one thing that was missing!! We stayed until the happy couple left, then headed home. I was so glad the girls got to see and visit with their friends!!

I have to say; having Liz here for a nice, long visit was tops! I honestly could not take my eyes off of her - afraid I'd miss something cute. She got in good play time with both Andy and me, and her aunt Dana took more than her fair share of cheek kisses! It's so magical to me to try and figure out what she is thinking, and to watch her think things through - but the best is to see her with her mother. Erin finds every opportunity to teach her and to show her God in everything. I'm so proud of her.

And then, it was Father's Day. Andy had a nice one, proudly wearing his tie from Liz. I think he showed everyone at worship the tie (it has her 6 mo. footprint on it) and told them the story of getting it in Austin. So fun to watch him. Then, we went to eat at a new restaurant in town so he could have shrimp on his special day. The wait was long, but worth it. We'll be back.

So, that's my weekend. My sweet family, except for Gregg, surrounding me for a wonderful couple of days. Dana and Erin's good cooking to treat me, and lots of cuddles all around. I am so blessed.

I hope your weekend was a good one!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I watched j to the 3rd for the same reason . . .what if I missed something. And to wonder at their perfection. (to me!)